Notice my little gingerbread helper!
Part of our skeleton army...
And I modified a recipe... I think it is my all-time favorite gingerbread recipe so far! I like it so much, I'll share it!
Gingerbread: Oven 350. Chill time: 2 hours. Bake time: 10 min per batch
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Mix in molasses, applesauce, and vanilla.
1. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Mix in molasses, applesauce, and vanilla.
2. Combine other ingredients and add a little at a time, mixing well after each addition. Cover dough and chill for at least 2 hours.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut out desired shapes using either cookie cutters or edge of knife.
4. Using spatula, set cookie on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until set. Cool completely and decorate.
ENJOY!
cute. THanks for posting the recipe. We will have to try this!
ReplyDeleteand yummy, too!
ReplyDeleteCute cute! Hard to resist not making fun treats... especially with a cute helper too.
ReplyDelete