Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Best Laugh

We had the best laugh today... and every time I think about it, I continue to laugh!

Of course, it was all at my expense, but still funny!

I am in the process of baking cookies for GA to take to work (13 dozen done, 4 dozen more to go)... I've made oatmeal chocolate chip, peanut butter, snickerdoodles, gingerbread dough, and plan on making peppermint patties and peppermint snowballs.

Well, to make a long story short, we went to the store to get more butter which I then had to let soften (not so easy when it didn't get above 34 here today, but at least the sun was shining, so that helped move things along - I often set my butter in the sun on the windowsill).

Anyway, cookie making began about 1:30 today and at 3:30 the oven was still not on. And at 4:30 GA commented that the oven was colder than it was outside! Note that many of these cookies do better with their dough refrigerated. Once the oven was on, the cookies started flying in and out of the oven, so GA could do no more complaining...

It was pretty funny though that after 3 hours of cookie making, I had NO cookies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment