HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Our Christmas company all finished leaving on the same day that GA had to go on a trip. So then it was just the three of us for a week of recuperation and getting back on scheduling!
We survived.
I have a new schedule this year. It's taking some getting used to and additional planning for things to run smoothly. I am now officially a "remediation specialist". What a big name for getting to go into the school 2 hours a day and help some kids one-on-one with reading comprehension in order for them to catch up with their peer age group. I'm sure that there are other people in the world who would do a much better job, but for right now, I'm having fun and it's more challenging than I thought it would be. I have to thank all my English teachers who gave me a strong love for reading and continued learning and who also challenged me to learn new ways of saying old things.
Someone said that I must love helping out because while it's a paying job, it's not a lot I'm earning. (But it's hard to find a better part-time job - I get to work at the school my kids go to during school hours!) Truthfully though, it's giving me something to do other than go buy supplies for crafts that I think are cute but I probably won't ever make!
So, now, not only do I go to school for 2 hours a day, but I have homework - I'm always thinking about what books my students might enjoy and find slightly more challenging. I AM READING, READING, READING!!! And if I am not reading, then it seems like I am listening to someone read. Several times a week now you can find me at the public library looking for books! At least most elementary age books are quick-easy reads!
I also am thoroughly enjoying being E's Daisy leader. We have a great group of 12 girls and have been having a lot of fun! (cookies anyone??? sales start in 3 weeks!)
G is starting on a basketball team. His first game is Saturday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post some pictures. Next week he also has his pinewood derby race. He's hoping to have a fast car like he did last year. This weekend we'll be "car tuning".
E tried on her ballet costume for their May recital this week. CUTE! She's also had her print awareness light bulb light up - she seems to always be reading too!
Here February is almost upon us and the weather seems more like spring. I hope that this doesn't mean we are going to have another hot summer.
Off to make scones... I have to take them with me to school for G's world fair - 3 guesses as to what country he made his poster on!
No comments:
Post a Comment