Garett and I manage to argue about almost anything.
First, I know I am the adult and shouldn't be arguing like a little kid.
Second, he is master of the last word.
Third, it just plain drives me nuts!
Tonight's argument was while we were brushing teeth.
G: "I would be this tall if I standed on the stool."
A: "Stood."
G: "I like standed."
A: "Standed isn't a word. The word is stood."
G: "Hmmm... stood doesn't make sense. Standed makes sense."
(Seriously, how do you argue with that? Standed DOES make sense.)
A: "Well, English doesn't always make sense. The word to use is stood."
G: "I still like standed better."
(AHH... again he got the last word!)
He then just continued to use "standed" over and over... I had to let it go or we would still be arguing.
Garey - I need you back home to get my balance back!
No comments:
Post a Comment