- My heart gets very happy when the kids do their chores without complaints. The latest chores have been an effort to get them to be not as messy eaters. So every week they switch and one cleans the floor under the table after dinner and the other cleans the table top. Amazingly they do this usually with gusto and little complaint. I also think that it has helped them not be as messy of eaters!
- We have another remote control. After living in this house for a little over 3 years we just found another thing in our house that is remote controlled! We new that we had these remotes, but from where they were located in the house, we thought they were defunct. Turns out they are not - they just didn't work what we thought they should! There is more than one remote and so now the kids are making their cases as to why they think should get one of their own remotes to use. Makes me wonder what else this house has that we are clueless about!
- I am braver at this point in my life that I ever have been before. I have had two conversations with someone that I don't know telling them about the town I live in so that she and her husband can decide if they want to come and live here.
- I am extremely proud of my husband and all the hard work that he does. This has been quite the year for him with his accomplishments getting recognition. He just won an award which came with a stipend that we used to order some new chairs. We'll post pictures when they get here.
- Often waiting is good. We have been talking about new furniture since we've moved into this house. We finally found something we agreed on and had the means to make the purchase (see above bullet). Now the waiting continues as we await delivery!
- Kids don't at all care about the same things as adults. Emalee has traded bikes with a neighbor for a few days. It doesn't matter to Emalee that the bike she is using is a tonka bike and it doesn't matter to the neighbor boy that the bike he is now using is a pink and purple cat bike! They just like to ride each others bikes! Thanks Kyle!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Things I've learned this week
Learning is never ending - Good thing it is something I enjoy! I also consider that "rediscovery" is a way to learn. So, here are a few things that have happened or I've realized this week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're welcome! Love, Kyle
ReplyDelete