Friday, June 5, 2009

UP took us down

Today we went to see the movie UP. It wasn't billed as a tear-jerker, but if you cry at movies, I would suggest taking some tissues.

We left Emalee at home with Nanny and Amanda and the Boys (Garey, Garett, cousin Ty, and Papa) went to the theater. We found a place that matinees were $2.50 a person, and that was about what the movie was worth. It was cute, but rather intense for our 5 year old.

Garey will probably not take us to a movie again for a few years! I spent the first third of the movie sniffling at the poignancy of the movie. The middle third was fairly entertaining. The last third Garett and I alternated crying, him at the scarier "what's going to happen to the good guys" moments, and I at the more emotional/touching moments.

All-in-all we figure we are going to stick with rated G movies for a while longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment