Today to occupy himself in church, Garett picked up the Bible out of the pew, opened it up randomly and started reading some of the words. It was hard for me to tell him to stop telling me when he recognized words (today, coming, etc.) since it was the first self-initiated book reading he's done in a big book (occasionally he'll read a short kids book that he knows well to his bear Carter or to his sister).
Anyway, the point of this entry was that two of the words that he recognized were Nathan and David - the names of two of his friends. I was really impressed that he found those but then he asked where his name was... not wanting to have a long naming conversation in the middle of church, I told him that we'd talk about it later. He accepted that and then turned around and told me a few moments later: "It's okay, I know now, it's not my friends in this book, it's just the names of some people that lived a long, long, long, long time ago."
Sometimes it's hard not to smile even when you are upset with your children!
I like that addition of the check marks on your site - never seen that before! Your kiddos are SO smart. Thanks for all your help this past week!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny! I guess you can't tell them not to read the Bible... but way to find his friends names!
ReplyDelete